August 14, 2011

A Space Marine

So young Eddie, master organiser of Apocalyptic delights, sent the below to a few of us back in April:

"Hello all. I'm formulating an Apoc formation for Chapter master P-Fisty's honour guard - and I hit upon the idea of getting all my hobby heroes to paint a marine to represent them! As such, if you want too, will you be in my honour guard?

Each marine has artificer armour, a boltgun, bolt pistol and power weapon. You can swap for a relic blade, and also have the option for a auxiliary grenade launcher! All I ask is you paint the right shoulder pad black for me to put the storm legion icon on."

So, below is my contribution. I painted a Space Marine, I feel dirty…

(If anyone is interested I can detail how I painted it, but to first put credit where it is due, I lifted the gold painting method from All Things 40K, and the power sword scheme from From The Warp - except they both do it much better than me).

A Space Marine

A Space Marine

A Space Marine

A Space Marine

A Space Marine

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Cool looking mini, even if it is a space marine *shudder*. I'm still struggling to get my photos of mini's to look at good as yours - my photos shows the smallest flaws exaggerated - what is your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an awesome painter? Seriously, I don't know. I would suggest you're way too harsh on yourself. I've seen your minis, they've jaw-droppingly good.

    ReplyDelete