March 24, 2013

Doomsday monolith

Back in February we played our biannual Apocalypse game at the Guildford Games Club (I am told that we'll get an updated site Real Soon Now, BTW). So once again off I went with my little Necrons, including two Doomsday Phalanxes. The Doomsday Phalanx is a monolith formation, which includes the very special Doomsday Monolith. Blow this guy up and you're just back to facing regular monoliths, so it's quite important to identify it. Last year I was in a rush before our big game at Warhammer World, so only had time to create 'Doom!' counters (see the monolith to the top left on the picture below). It worked, but was not very nice, nor was it very always clear to the other players (especially if you were looking at the wrong side of the monolith). 

Doomsday Phalanx - Before

This year I had to do better. I tried to scratch build something, but unfortunately after a disastrous eBay experience I did not receive once of the crucial bits I needed in time. Come IDICBeer to the rescue. Nick had been reviewing some very cool pieces of terrain, which he picked from Neal at Leave no mini unpainted. So I bought a few packs (more on those later), and concentrated on the cyborg monoliths. It turns out these fit nicely at the top of a monolith. 

So here is a Doomsday Phalanx at the game this year. The Doomsday Monolith is the one to the left of the picture.

Doomsday Phalanx

 I'll try and post better pictures when I get a bit more time but meanwhile, thanks Nick and Neal!

No comments:

Post a Comment